Wednesday, February 27, 2008

thanks

I am so grateful for friends. Thanks for sending goodness my way.

Jane somehow popped her zipper head off and we can't get it back on. So, today we went to four stores to buy a new one. The first store had one kind of jacket, not very warm for $99. The second store, a thrift store had a two jackets a size to big for $25. The 3rd and 4th store had no jackets at all. So I ordered a jacket online but it won't be here for two weeks. This is a good example of what it is like living in an urban jungle.

I am so glad Ethan finally agreed to have a playdate with his friend. His friend has asked several times and Ethan has said no. I can't understand this because when I was his age nobody asked me to play. Maybe it is a boy thing.

Do 4-5 year old girls go through a contradictory stage? No matter what I say Jane says the opposite even if it means it is something she really doesn't like. I get so irritated when she does this.

Carlos has a concert tonight. I am glad he is pursuing his singing but all the practices and performances get to be a bit much. At least he is happy. He is really enjoying his work now that he has a new job. He is not working for Mt. Sinai anymore. He got a job at New York State Psychiatric Institute. It is on the other side of the island from where we live so his commuting time has increased but not too significantly.

I just bought about $95 worth of paper punches and adhesive today. I can't seem to stop buying things. I've wanted these punches for years now but I still shouldn't have purchased them. I'm afraid to tell Carlos. Actually, I don't know why. He buys several hundred dollar glasses even though his old frames are only a year old. Plus he buys expensive sunglasses. He is a big spender too. He eats out for lunch every single day. I don't get to do that. Well, I just convinced myself that I shouldn't feel bad about buying these punches.

Carlos is getting ready right now. He looks so cute in his cumberbun (spelling?).

Enough avoiding for tonight. Back to my reality.

Comments:
Yea, Kaci. I'm so glad your having a better day.

Do girls go through that type of phase? I just thought all kids did that. Mine certainly like to contradict me.

I hope Carlos had a nice concert.
 
ditto to what tice said. i should know to use better reverse pyschology, but i don't. enjoy your punchouts (is that the word); at least, you'll know you'll make something beautiful out of it. glad you day was better.

p.s. blogging is a great escape for me too!
 
kaci...you are so cute! i don't think you should feel bad one bit for buying your crafty supplies!! plus, just think about all the joy your friends and family (and you) will get out of all the scrapping and cards you will make! that, my friend, is priceless!!

and ps...kids are always crazy! they are growing and changing each minute...just think how hard that is. plus they probably feel pretty powerless most of the time. i always try to remind myself of that...and sometimes it works...but just sometimes!! :)

you're doing great!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]