Wednesday, March 12, 2008

no more

I can't face another day with Jane and her tantrums. Tonight was parent teacher conferences. She was screaming at the top of her lungs that she wanted cereal just before we had to leave. I said no. I had to carry her 5 1/2 blocks with Ethan carrying her shoes and me holding on to her coat because she would not cooperate. She weighs almost 50 lbs. My arms and shoulders were already hurting from carrying 50 lbs of groceries about 8 blocks one of which is a long block. I am so fed up with jane. I am so exhausted. There seems to be no end in sight. I'll stop complaining now.

My dad sent me this cool e-mail that described what the US was like 100 years ago. One of the things was that there were only 3000 cars. 95% of births were in the home. 90% of Doctors didn't go to medical school. The population of Las Vegas was 30. And a bunch of others. My great grandma was 8 years old in 1907.

I bought myself a bunch of daffodils tonight as a reward for enduring today without killing Jane. They are so cheery and yellow. I smile inside when I look at them. I also bought myself a 3 Musketeers bar. Not that I need the extra calories but I need the chocolate.

Haven't been able to face the mess in the apartment. There really isn't any place to put the things anyway. I just stare at it and get overwhelmed. Maybe next week.

I am sooo happy. Lorinda, the cub scout supervisor, is letting me skip scouts friday on account of my eyes. Yippy Skippy.

Tice, I watched the video about finding papa. Your hair is so long! You look really good. You are my hero working out all the time. I went to the doctor the other day and he asked me if I exercise and I said just walking everywhere. He then checked sedentary on my record. I mean come on, all that walking has to count for something. Not to mention carrying 50lbs of groceries and little girl! I keep telling myself I'll lift the hand weights I have. Then I think, "gee, where are they?" [sounds like Dory on Finding Nemo] Another funny thing that was on my records that I had to take to this new doctor [more insurance woes] is that I have the lungs of a 58 year old! Can't figure that one out.

Tice, are you moving to Utah this year? Maybe I read the post wrong but it sounded like you and the kids are moving to Utah this year to live with Sally. Are you really? I'm so nosy, why? Also, the next time you see sister Derby give her a big hug and a hi from me. I really miss her.

I've got to think of a good way to sign off when ending a post like "roger that. over and out." Hmmmm...

Comments:
I'm sorry to hear about Jane. I hope the social workers can help. I'm sorry to hear about the apartment being overwhelming. I'll gladly come to the city and stay with you and help you clean it! :) I'm serious. I love the city. Have I mentioned that? In fact, Natalie and April and I are trying to plan a trip there in June. Maybe we can see you while we're there. You probably get sick of tourist-y friends, no?

Yes, we are moving. I'll email you about it sometime soon. It's not really a story for the blog. And thanks for the compliments! I've been working really hard.
 
glad you bought yourself daffodils. if it makes you feel better, i'm ignoring quite the mess myself. it was sort of clean for playgroup yesterday, but today i took a nap.
 
yes, you should have tice come down. she would get rid of half your stuff and be more than amply rewarded by having a place to crash while so she can see a show.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]