Wednesday, March 5, 2008

temper, temper

I have lost my temper several times today. Jane and I had a battle of wills and sad to say I won. Threats and coercion. I can't seem to solve my parenting problems without them. I am very frustrated. I ask you, we believe agency is the most precious thing in the universe. If this is so, do we give our children agency to choose what they will? They will not accept the consequences which usually have to created.

I actually spent about an hour doing dishes this morning. I let them pile up. Luckily, I had a movie I could watch while washing them. You don't think that lengthened washing time?

Tonight's my night off. I haven't really had one in a few weeks. I'm not sure what to do. I guess I can always go to barns and noble and read.

Oh my gosh. I just realized that I am not allowed to eat or drink after midnight tonight because of surgery tomorrow. But my surgery is not until 3 pm! I am going to be starving. Guess I better eat, drink and be merry tonight for tomorrow who knows what will come.

I am hungry. Gonna eat now.

By the way, does anyone know how to change the time that is posted with the posts? Mine is completely off.

Comments:
sorry, kaci, i've been out of the blogging world for a few days. hope your surgery went well and that the insurance pays. (trust me i can relate to insurance issues and just financial stress from health care costs. we now are trying to figure out how we are going to pay for a lift van since the new wheelchair i just ordered for jake will not fit in our minivan.)

i love your picture of jane's cubby hole. i hope all the testing goes well and you receive usable and helpful info. (doesn't always happen, but let's hope).

finally, i don't envy your cub scout calling. i think the program is good, but i'm glad i've avoided the den leader calling for now. i'm sure i'll get it one of these days(knock on wood) and then i'll be emailing lara too!
 
Kaci-
I hope the surgery went well. Sorry to hear about the temper. Hope everything works out ok.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]