Saturday, March 15, 2008

there's something dripping from the light


That's correct. last night as I was about to make dinner (quickly before the missionaries came in 45 min.) I went into the kitchen and found what appears to be raw sewage dripping from the kitchen light. For awhile there had been some loud unrecognizable sounds coming from above. I went out the apartment to find the super and this other guy that I vaguely recognize as a plumber that the management uses comes down the stairs. I ask him what they are doing and that there is something dripping from my light. He comes in to look and says, "Oh no. That's not good." And goes back upstairs. I put a bucket under the steady drip and try to sop up the "liquid" on the floor then start dinner. Mind you this is difficult because the drip is in the middle of a 5'x5' kitchen. A few minutes later a different guy knocks on the door and looks at the drip. Again, I asked what is going on and instead of an answer he says I'm just going to have to let it all drip out and to keep the kids away from it. No really? I thought I might serve it to the kids for dinner. No apology, no explanation and no contact after that. I really don't like our management company that much, but from what I've heard our is better than most. Still, I think there is raw sewage pouring into my apartment from a light fixture. I don't feel very safe.

Well, at 7 pm I am still cooking dinner and Carlos gets home. A few minutes later the missionaries arrive. Carlos asks them to reschedule which they were gracious enough to do. Carlos and I ate dinner while the kids had their noses glued to the computers watching two different movies in two different rooms. After the day I had been having I really didn't have the energy to care.

After we had family prayer later Ethan and Jane had a scuffle and Jane [whether accident or not] pushed ethan off the beanbag and he hit his head on the sofa. Later I have to give him 4 tylenol because he has a raging headache. I had to weight him first and was extremely alarmed that he weighed 92 lbs. (only 30 lbs less then me and I am about 6-7 inches taller). This means that in about 1 month he has gained 10 lbs. More on the whole weight issues another time. So while he is moaning in agony I am trying to help him to relax and comfort him until he can fall asleep and sleep off the pain. He finally falls asleep about 9:30 pm. So much for alone time or relaxing and watching a movie. I just went to bed thanking God that the day was finally over.

This morning I wake up to hear my son cooking eggs for breakfast. Part of me is relieved that he can cook his own breakfast but part of me is worried about the whole fire thing. As I am in bed listening my heart groans as I realize that Carlos has another rehearsal today. That means 6-8 hours of being gone. Luckily he said he'll go a bit late. Please God, let there be some good in this day.

Comments:
So were you able to figure out what the drip was? And did they fix it?
 
sorry, kaci. that's scary. maybe you don't really want to know what the drip was.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]