Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tice, you are such a good blogger. Your entries are always so enTICING.

Jane was talking to me the other day and asked me if boys have babies. I said no. She then preceded to tell me that she would marry her friend Makenzie (who will be the boy) and Jane will be the girl. Then when it is time to have the baby, Makenzie will be the girl and Jane will be the boy. After the birth they would switch back to the original gender. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Jane really wants to be a boy. She likes dressing in her "handsome" clothes which means boy pants and boy shirt. She is very particular. Even the shoulders can not have "puffs" but be very masculine. I think I am going to start shopping for her in the boy section. Boys clothes are usually cheaper anyway.

Hurray! Ethan's sneakers finally came in. I got an e-mail saying they had arrived at Payless. So I proceeded to walk to Payless. Not this Payless. The one you want is on 105th and 3rd avenue. Great. Only 22 blocks north and 3 long blocks west. Not to mention that is a scary neighborhood. Needless to say I waited until morning to walk to Payless. Then when I get there the lady says that they e-mail first and then the next day they arrive. I know this can't be true because this was the second day after the email. So I stick around while the other woman was in the back looking for the shoes. Guess what. They were there. Glad I waited. Of course I then bought two pairs of shoes because of the buy one get one 1/2 off sale. They had these gorgeous sling-backs that I wanted but of course they only had them in the size above and below my size. So I bought espedrilles and so these cool looking sneakers.

Today went by so fast. I cant believe it. I didn't really do anything fun or that productive. I never understood why my parents said time goes by so fast when you get older. Now I understand.

The Cub Scout Blue and Gold banquet was Friday night. Can I just say I hate being a cub scout leader. About 3/4 of the boys are completely out of control. I spend most of the time keeping them from tackling each other or destroying things. We can't go outside to run because that would mean running in the street. I absolutely hate being responsible for kids. Kids are fine at a distance. I just don't like being around them.

Any way our pack was in charge of the flag ceremony. Lorinda, the leader, (I'm assistant cub scout leader) was reading off a paper how to do it. I've have never seen her lose her temper before but she did then. That is how bad the boys behaved. Ethan did a good job calling out the color guard directives. The other three made a game out of marching and hitting each other along the way to the front. The other packs don't act this way.

My greatest fear is that Lorinda is going to move away and I'll take over her job. There is a good chance that she will move because her husband was fired. There is no one else to take the job. Three of the boys are non-members. A fourth is Lorinda's son. There's Ethan. And the last boy's father was the leader but then he was called to be elder's quorum president. Even so they said that at this age they need a woman to guide them. Bull! They need a man to straighten them out. The other packs have male leaders.

I have my surgery Thursday. I'm worried about insurance, not the actual surgery. Insurance better pay for it since it is necessary. Hopefully, in about 2 weeks I shouldn't have double vision anymore. I hope.

Comments:
well, you are now OFFICAILLY a den leader! when they drive you nuts, that's when you know you are "in it"!! i think that is one of the hardest callings i have ever had, but also, one of the most rewarding. what worked for me was getting to know the boys on an individual basis. then when you learn about them, care about them outside of wed. nights, they can tell. then they respect you...and will eventually listen. if all else fails, give them the mom-look, that always worked for me. oh, and they actually really LOVE routine...so email me and let me know if you want a very long list of routines and other hints...till then...keep up the GREAT work! you can do it!

and ps...good luck on your surgery!!

and pps...so excited about your cute new shoes! :)
 
Thanks for the shout out. I'm always happy to entertain, er, enTice. :)

Jane sounds like me in the clothing department. My mom and I were talking the other day about how she had to pay me to wear dresses to school when I was little. Even know, I'm much more pleasant wearing my hoodies and jeans. So, go Jane! Hope you can find some cute clothes.

I have to say that I don't envy you in the slightest with your calling. Jackson will be a cub scout next year so I'm pretty sure I'll have my fair share of that job. But good luck. And do email Lara. I'm most positive she has some fantabulous ideas.

Good luck on your surgery. Let us know how it goes as soon as you are feeling up to it.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]