Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yesterday was the last day of cub scouts until the fall. I am so very happy. We had an end of the year party. I think it went well. Ethan earned his wolf badge and a golden arrow. Very proud of him.

We also had the conference with the school about Jane yesterday. I think it went well. Jane will receive speech and language help and social/emotional therapy. As far as academics she is average so they would refuse to hold her back. Carlos is extremely angry about how they messed up Jane's school year. So, Jane will go to first grade in the fall with special services to help.

The social worker, school psychologist, teacher and special ed. coordinator all recommended that we go to family therapy to help. We are having a very difficult time with Ethan as well. I really want for us to go because I'm at my wits end. Something is really wrong when you are miserable around your family and try to avoid spending time with them.

I volunteered to help stuff envelopes and pack bags for the stake youth conference. It was fun. I like doing that kind of stuff. The theme for this year is "Amazing Grace." It is based on the tv show which I've never seen. From what I gather the kids have to race around the city to collect things. Pretty intense. My youth conferences were quite tame.

Carlos has reserved a week up at a place call Pineherst. It is in the Thousand Lakes region on the NY/Canadian border. I looking forward to cooler temperatures and getting out of the city.

Thank you for your condolences. I think you are right, April, about it taking time.

Can't think of anything else. Until next time.

Comments:
yeah, cub scouts is over! have a good time in upstate new york and i hope next year is better for jane. we leave for utah on july 2nd. we're driving out and back. should be crazy, but fun. i actually like road trips. lots of love, kaci.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]