Thursday, November 20, 2008

a love affair

My husband just laughs at me because I absolutely love Cesar Millan, The Dog Whisperer. I don't own a dog. In fact, I am allergic to animal dander. I love listening and reading and watching him in action. I think I love his assertiveness and confidence. I so wish I were like that. Some of what he says seems to apply to raising children. But mostly, it is the calm assertiveness and confidence that I just soak up.

Do you have a love affair like mine?

My sister, Lizzy, visited me for a few days last week. I haven't really spent time with her for decades. It was so nice to be with her. She is moving to Norway for the next 9 years to attend college and medical school for free. She doesn't even speak the language. I admire my sister's boldness, determination and strength. I am so proud of how far she has come. She has been through horrible things. Lizzy is amazing. I love you and miss you already. I believe in you.

My new challenge is to organize the ward Christmas dinner party for 120 people. Mind you I've never even cooked a holiday dinner in my entire life. Now I'm organizing a dinner for over a hundred. This should be fun.

Comments:
I have love affairs all around. (Wow..that doesn't sound so good...) My point is there are so many talented people in this world. And so much to learn from all of them.

Good luck with the Christmas dinner. I did that job and I don't envy you in the slightest.

So when do we get to see pictures of this glorious house?
 
good luck on your dinner! you can do it! you always do such a nice job on things! and i too have some love affairs...like bobby flay...wow, can he cook! :) so glad you are enjoying your new place to live...you sound so happy and crafty! say hi to your gang for me!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]